Friday, March 9, 2012

Blog Post 7

Wendy Drexler: The Networked Student

web of social media network


In the video it talks about the networked student. It’s all about how a student use a network in the 21 century. The video talked about connectivism, which means the student builds a network to find out their own information. This makes a student have to teach themselves. Because of connectivism the student now has a Personal Learning Network. Now- a -days a student can use so many outlets to find out information. You can Google professors that have done lectures on the topic that you are looking up.
The video brings up the question will teachers still be needed? Of course the teacher will be needed. The teacher shows the student how to professionally search for information. They will show the student how to tell what is reliable and what is not. They are there to help with any problems that the student might have. They will be there to train the student to be a student in the 21 century and to succeed in it. The teacher will be there to motivate the student and be there mentor.

A Seventh Grade Personal Learning Environment

The seventh grader in this video is super organized. She tells us how she has her social in one place and here school in the other. She is explaining to us how she used her Personal Learning Network Hopefully I will be as organized as her when I get all of my sites together. She is very knowable about her information for a seventh grader. I am looking forward to explain my Personal Learning Network and learning how to use it effectively.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley! I agree with your assessment of the necessity of teachers - even though the classroom environment is changing, teachers will still be needed for the foreseeable future.

    The seventh grader's PLE really impressed me, too. It wasn't just super organized, but it also had all manner of sources for her to be able to accomplish any task she might have to do. It makes me want to make mine more comprehensive, so things I have to do can go by more easily.

    You had quite a few grammatical errors near the end of the first segment, and throughout the second. Make sure to proofread your post (and don't rely on spell check, since it doesn't find words that are spelled correctly but used in an incorrect manner, such as 'use' instead of 'us' in the second part).

    Overall though, good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you ready to be a networked teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ashley!
    I think that teachers will be needed in the future for teaching the basics, like math and science, but I also believe that teachers will be a guide for showing students how to use new technology and programs. I hope I am ready to be a guide for my students!
    I was impressed with the seventh grader's personal learning environment. I used Symbaloo to set up my PLN and I have found it to be very useful. Hopefully, one of these days my PLN will be as organized as hers.
    This is a great post, but you do have a few errors. Be careful when you write and make sure to proofread! Good job!

    ReplyDelete