Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blog Post 13



This week we were challenged not to use technology for 24 hours. This is not possible for me to do. I tried to do it and then I would need to call my mom or check an email. Living away from home, my cell phone is the only way my family can get a hold of me if they need me. I have my phone on me at all times. I am also an officer in a sorority on campus which requires me to check my email everyday because that is how we get information out to each other. I also have a campus job which requires me to check emails. I never realized how depending I was on technology until recently. I really don’t know how to live my life without it. I guess it’s just the generation that I grew up in. I was never taught how to live without it.
Something else that was a big problem to me was not being able to listen to music on my radio or iPod. I always am listening to music whatever I am doing. I can’t ride in the car without music playing. I go crazy without it. I am very thankful for technology. If I would have kept going with the fast without giving up I would have never know about the shooting on campus and that we had a lockdown. Because when it happened I was off campus and I was about to head back when I got the email. Emails are the new way of communication. I have realized that it is impossible for me to live 24 hours with out these tools because that’s all I know

No comments:

Post a Comment